Saturday, November 6, 2010

Last post September?? Ya, that explains this school year....

So I noticed I haven't posted in a while... sad day. This school year feels like my first year of teaching, even though its my fourth! My job has lately been feeling all consuming, and if your a teacher, you totally get this.... Long hours at school long after the littles leave, going home stressed, and still a never ending to do list. This last sentence brings me to the topic of my post today....Getting the work outs in even when it gets hectic and work or life. I have been averaging 4 days a week in work outs compared to my summer schedule of 5-6 days a week. The school year has def changed my work outs. This morning I was watching TV and saw that there is a new kinetic game out where you move and the game operates-- which is great for work out time games as well b/c you are up and moving as opposed to sitting for hours. I can't help but think that there are so many options for people who can't get to a gym. I feel lucky to be able to "squeeze" the time in. These days getting there is harder than the actual work out. But I know I am not the only one feeling this, so keep pressing on through the stress! You will feel great after those days where you want to pull your hair out or are so tired the drive home is almost a fluffy bed of dreams.... find the number you want to average and get that many days of work outs in a week. Don't settle for less. This week I didn't work out M-W, so I know that starting Thursday, I must work out every day till Sunday to get the 4 days in. I chose to take off from my work outs three days, thus making my work out schedule a must for the rest of the week. SO far, so good:) One more day this week and I accomplished that goal....... You can do it!! So stay motivated, focused on the goal, and 'work out' that job stress or life stress... It will be well worth your time!!
Happy Work Outs!

No comments: