Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hittin' the Trails....


I am always looking for new ways to 'freshin' up my work outs, so when I stumbled upon hiking, I fell in love. I had been wanting to go for awhile. Thinking it seemed like such a different way to get some calorie burning time in, me and the boyfriend decided to take it up with the pup. I would NEVER recommend going alone b/c of obvious safety reasons. There are several areas to choose from near where we live and its so fun to take in the scenery and burn up to 386 calories  ( I used www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc to get a closer range since I don't own a heart rate monitor...yet)  Here are some pics of some of our outings....
We def bring Justin's dog for some exercise:) He LOVES it. You will see him in some of the pics...

Some start are on cemented trails...
Some do not....
The top of a hill trail is a reward for getting there... so pretty..

Boyfriend time plus working out?? Perfect combo!

Love the scenery...

So I hope you are now sold on finding some trails in your area and hitting them up with a friend. Its such a fun way to get out of the house and be healthy!!:) Take your dog if you have one b/c he wants to go too!:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What trail did you go to??? I have been looking for some in the Dallas area...

Lisa said...

Arbor Hills, White Rock Lake, Katy Trail, and Joe Pool Lake are good ones... Arbor Hills is my fav!!!